Saturday, November 5, 2011

"Addition/Subtraction/Multiplication" Unit complete

This last week, we completed "Addition/Subtraction/Multiplication" unit in math.  Although I am pleased with the changes I see in our environment, the improvements in math are not as great as I had anticipated.  The students seem more engaged during math, and eager to participate but I am not seeing huge academic gains.  We are still working on the self-management aspect of the work stations.  There are improvements each week, but still progress to be made.

graph here


Ways that I plan on changing and adapting my plan as we begin unit three:
  • restructuring groups based on pre-assessment for division unit
  • incorporating more student choice to stations
  • explore with different group work formats (station rotations, games, activities, etc


1 comment:

  1. After reading your RoL, I can tell you have a great grasp of what you are doing. Continue to be organized and the data collection will come. I like what you are implementing and I hope the results continue to be positive.

    ReplyDelete