Sunday, October 2, 2011

Planning full speed ahead (again)....

Well I am feeling really good about the changes in my plan.  I have been reading a lot of new research on guided math stations and math workshop.  I am excited to implement a new plan of action that really focuses on these ideas.  In all of the new research I have done, I am feeling really good about all the work with DESCA I have been implementing into our daily routine already.  It is going to be a great way of encouraging responsible decisions during math workshop time.  One of the assessments that I had created, and the students have used once, will be very handy.  It is a simple checklist for each of the DESCA themes.
I have collected some pre-test data that will help me to form the groups, and developed a few differentiation packets to use during math workshop time for now.  I feel I have good start and look forward to implementing the groups with my students tomorrow.  As the timing of stations and the flow of the room gets more comfortable, I am excited to introduce new activities/games to math workshop.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are feeling good. I am curious about DESCA. What are you doing with it?

    ReplyDelete